Re: Engine Mounts (still!)

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 02 2008 - 11:07:27 EDT

Heh well here's what I ended up doing.

Passenger side: I ground down the Gen II mount and got it in there.
There are two sleeves involved - the sleeve to hold the rubber and the
sleeve for the thru-bolt. The sleeve for the rubber is much more
substantial on the Gen II mounts... and I figure I gained more by
using the more substantial mount than I lost by grinding it down.

I couldn't grind the driver's side mount down enough without losing
the factory bent edge in the bigger sleeve. By the looks of it, doing
that could have made it unstable unless I did some more intense
modification to the sleeve. I was sick of grinding and re-fitting.
After giving up on wrestling with dealer incompetance, I bought a
driver's side mount from autopartswarehouse.com
(http://tinyurl.com/6hvyhk). It arrived in under 48 hours via ground
shipping (impressive) and installed in minutes.

Just gotta fix the front diff and I'll have it driving again.

Don in CT
89 Dak Vert 318 NV3500 4x4
74 Dart Sport 340