Re: 12oz r134a $4 at Big Lots - Now Carlisle

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Jul 09 2008 - 16:34:43 EDT

DodgeDe@cs.com wrote:
> I see you are going to Carlisle, Which vehicle are you taking?
> I'll have the Dak as the Charger is still needing work.

   Probably my purple (Deep Amethyst) '99 Jeep Cherokee, assuming I
get some free time today to change out the fluids in both diffs,
change the oil and filter and change the trans fluid and filter.
Stupid registrations and/or inspections are expired on everything
else. :-P I was hoping to drive the Dart, but it needs a carb
rebuild and an electrical short found, and I haven't had a chance to
work on either yet. The Jeep is bone stock and nothing special, but I
registered for the fun field anyway, since that's what I've always
done; its easier than finding outside parking. :-) I haven't decided
wether I will be going to the track or not. I haven't been to a strip
in quite a while so I'm sure I'd get smoked at the tree and it'd just
be a waste of time, but maybe I'll bring along my throttle stop and
give it a try.

> I'd like to but a face with a name.

   I've seen you driving through the grounds several times (there
aren't that many orange GenIIIs with shaker hoods, even at Carlisle.)
:-)

> Anybody else going?

   We used to get a huge contingent at Carlisle, but that dried up for
some reason. I haven't even bothered registering the DML as a club
for the past couple of years, I've just been signing up under the MML.

--
                                          -Jon-