Re: Front diff fun... Dakvert drives again

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Jul 18 2008 - 15:56:21 EDT

"Don Rey" <radon220@gmail.com> wrote:

> I took the truck out for a spin finally. What a difference a couple
> motor mounts make. And I put the exhaust back together too... I can
> hold a conversation inside the cab!

   Even with the convertible top? :-)

> Hmm Jon, you have a welder, right? Maybe at the BBQ I could use it to
> put a couple tack welds in one of my exhaust pipe joints.

   Yep on both counts. :-)

> Next big project is to rehab the cooling system (will probably just
> flush it to get it through the summer). The pusher fans aren't pulling
> their weight. I'm sure you'll see me shut the truck off regularly
> during BBQ trail rides.

   Doesn't sound like they are pushing their weight either. ;-)
I'm assuming you have a bit of a clearance issue between the engine
and the radiator due to the V8 swap in a GenI, eh? Lets see here,
I've got a box full of 80mm case fans, some zip ties and duct tape...
No, I've got it... A gas powered leaf blower with PVC ducting up
to the radiator? :-)

--
                                          -Jon-