Re: 2008 DML Special Olympics - Home safe & sound

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2008 - 11:25:59 EDT

I want to second Mike's thank-you: Jon, a huge thanks for letting us
wheel your trails and make a mess of your barn! Brittany and I had a
blast and we both plan to make future trips up there if you're so kind
as to continue hosting!

I managed to escape the trails without carnage, thanks in part to Mike
putting a hand on my brush guard when I nearly tipped my truck over
(again). Next time I'll put more faith in 4-lo before I try odd angles
of ascent.

I will note we need some more stockers on the trails! I ran it with 2
open differentials, no lift, and 31" BFG TAs and didn't require any
winch or tow assistance. (Though if I had needed it, the experts -
Jon, Mike, Ed, Adam, etc... - were there and were happy to help!)

I have some great shots of the cute little dak, Mike. I'll get select
images up on my pbase site eventually, but does anyone have a good way
to distribute all the full res pics/vid? Anyone run a server and have
few spare gigs?

Thanks also to everyone in attendance. As usual, the friendly,
pleasant attitudes all around made for a great experience! I really
look forward to hanging out and wheeling with everyone again! In the
meantime, I need to get some paintball practice if my pump is going to
compete with TTom's modified Tippman!

Don in CT
89 DakVert 318 NV3500 4x4
74 Dart Sport 340