Engine Dies and Restarts

From: Jamie Calder (jcalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2008 - 21:10:16 EDT

Got a new problem. Driving down the highway today my '96 318 drops to an
idle speed. Any attempt to depress the gas would make the engine severely
stumble and eventually quit. Coasted to a stop and same thing happens in
park. Turn engine off and called a friend. Takes him 15 minuets to get to
me. Turned the key to show him the problem and it fires up and runs
perfectly. I replaced the fuel pump a couple thousand miles ago and coil
3-4 thousand miles ago. Even though it's a new reman fuel pump, still
sounds like an intermittant fuel pressure problem?

Thanks,
James