Re: Garage space

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Jan 23 2009 - 11:45:14 EST

"Mr. Plow" <adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Jon, every BBQ I attend at your place, I try to donate at least 50
> cents, last year it was a banner year, I gave 75 cents!!! Kinda
> blew my travel budget actually, but it was worth it! :)

   Sweet! I'll be building that barn in no time! ;-)

> Your current set-up has too much stuff in there that actually takes
> away from storage area... You should build a 2nd storey within the
> structure, move all that computer gear, and "living" space up to the
> top level. Oh, and boot out all of your brother's weight lifting
> equipment, no one is using that. lol
>
> It would be nice if you could move the bathroom upstairs as well.
> If you did all of that, you would open up A LOT of square footage.
> Probably still not enough, but it might get you by for another year
> or two. :D

  :-)

   Unfortunately, the ceiling is a bit too low to add a true second
story, but I am actually planning to build an office area inside, and
I will be able to store a bunch of stuff on top of the office part
(4-5' headroom), so that will help. The bathroom will be staying
where it is though, too much hassle to move it and it doesn't take up
a whole lot of space in the big picture. :-)

   The office will go where my brother's gym equipment is now;
eventually all of that equipment will go into the basement of the
house he is building. Unfortunately, its not ready yet and probably
won't be for some time so I'll probably end up trying to compact it
all into a corner or something once I finally get around to framing
out the office.

--
                                          -Jon-