Re: DML BBQ 2009?

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Jan 23 2009 - 12:21:23 EST

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> I'm in the process of designing an office for myself down in the
> shop, and part of the office will be an air conditioned server closet.
> I haven't worked out all the details yet, but I definitely plan to run
> ductwork through the wall of the building so that I can shut off the
> A/C unit during the winter; once the outside temp drops below 50-60 F
> or so, the only cooling energy required would be a fan to move the air.

This sounds like a potential PIC project. You'll need a couple of temp
sensors to monitor the inside air, outside air and computer temps.
Check against a desired setpoint, and decide whether to use outside air,
how much to blend it with the inside air, or to switch on the A/C with a
relay. That way, you won't have to constantly worry about it, and if we
get a cool night during the summer it can automatically switch over to
outside air.