Re: Shuts Downs

From: David Henry (DML@HenryWeb.net)
Date: Sat Jan 31 2009 - 11:18:16 EST

My 94 had a similar problem a while back. It would just shut off while driving.
I'd just press the clutch and it would usually it would restart, but sometimes
not. When it didn't I'd have it towed to the mechanic, who may or may not have
been able to find any issue, as it would start working again at some point.

It's been a number of years since it's done it, so I guess I must have fixed the
problem. What I did was spent most of a weekend unwraping every wiring harness
connection under the hood, and looking at the splices. Anything that looked
somewhat corroded and I didn't like the looks of, I snipped and re-soldered.
Major PIA, but there really wasn't a good way to know what it was since it was
so intermittent. I could go for a couple weeks with nothing, or have days when
I'd need to restart the truck a dozen times on the way home. Sometimes it would
just do it once and wouldn't restart. Really sucked for a daily driver.

-- David 94 CC Sport 4x4, 318, 5spd, Lifted with 33" BFG MT's