Re: Re: Shuts Downs

From: Rick Barnes (rsb7424@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 31 2009 - 16:57:10 EST

I dunno if this might help, but I had a Datsun, King Kab, I forget
what year it was, it was the first year of their King Kab. It was a
four speed, 4WD. It had the Z engine and a guy gave it to me cause it
had this "stumbling" problem that drove him crazy and he eventually
bought a new something or other truck. So, I am driving this thing
home, all happy with my self and I say what he meant...it would not
make sense when it would stumble...but what the heck, truck was free
and it was not a clunker. Anyways, I am checking things here and
there and making no difference of course. I decided to drive it to
the corner store for some gas and realize that just when I touch the
clutch, it would stumble. This silly truck had cruise control too.
There was a switch on the clutch to turn off the cruise if one touches
the clutch, a safety feature. I adjusted it a bit and boom, no
stumble...dunno why, I am not good at explaining these things on
trucks like some of the very knowledgeable people on this board can,
but I was all happy with myself. Drove the heck out of that sweet
little truck, then gave it to my youngest son and he drove it a few
more years then sold it for $2k. Maybe that will help, good luck.

Rascal