Shuts Downs

From: Jamie Calder (jcalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jan 31 2009 - 10:45:45 EST

My '96 OBDII 318 occasionally shuts down all by itself. If I'm at a light,
it will just turn off, in drive or neutral however will easily start back up
when the key is turned. Sometimes it stumbles to the point of almost
stalling (POAS) but doesn't. It also happens when moving but it starts back
up right away by itself. Kind of like the key is being turned to off then
run quickly. A friends mechanic dad said he has seen it once in a 318 van
and once a Jeep. Replacing the computer was the permanent fix while
wiggling the computer connector was a temporary fix. I recently (5 months
ago) replaced the CPS when the truck died and wouldn't start up again.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
James