Re: DML BBQ - Aug 14-15, 2009

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sun Feb 08 2009 - 16:49:09 EST

Terrible Tom <silvereightynine@aol.com> wrote:

>> I'd be up for some goecaching on Sunday, though I probably wouldn't
>> be able to do anything until somewhere around 2pm or so. If a group
>> has already headed out by then I could get ahold of somebody on my cell
>> though and meet up at whatever cache you happen to be at.
>>

> Hopefully a few others might want to stick around on sunday - if we
> don't get around to geocaching during the offical DML BBQ - and I
> mention that because we all know how well plans get pulled off...
> then sunday afternoon could be designated geocache time. HOpefully
> we can do some before sunday.

   That would be cool. When do you plan on heading down? If you felt
like doing some extra geocaching, you could drive down Wed. and we
could use Thurs for some geocaching - maybe hit some different caches
than we would do with Andy and/or during the BBQ? Heck, come down
Tues or Mon or 3 weeks early if you want ;-) I could use a vacation so
I sure wouldn't mind spending some time out in the woods. There's
certainly no shortage of caches around here - like I mentioned before,
last I checked there were 70 just within a 10 mile radius of
Forestville. Extend the radius by 5 miles and that's about 185, a 20
mile radius nets over 320! Now that I think of it, those numbers are
just the public caches - my premium membership has lapsed so I can't
check the premium "member only" caches at the moment, but I know there
are some in the area, so the actual numbers are even higher.

>>> This gives me...(goes to calender)... 187 days to get something
>>> else driveable for the BBQ.
>>>

>> So it begins. :-)
>>

> Heh, well I'd like to say I'll try to do something crazy this
> year... but I don;t know if I can afford it.

   Annoying, isn't it? Seems like when we've got the money for a
project, there's no time and vice versa. Its lining up the money AND
the time that is the real trick. :-)

--
                                          -Jon-