Re: OT: Generator/Wiring

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2009 - 07:23:26 EST

Well, the products available don't necessarily match up mathematically,
but that's kinda right. The Twist-lock connectors you will find will
mostly be 30A rated, either 3 prong [120V] or 4 prong [220V]. Example:
http://www.amazon.com/Generator-Extension-cordset-outlets-20611/dp/B001JTG7A8
That said, you are rarely wrong to use a wire/plug combo that exceeds
your needs. Just because it's rated 30A, doesn't mean you have to pull
that much through it...