Re: OT: Generator/Wiring

From: Jamie Calder (jcalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2009 - 16:16:13 EST

So lets say I wanted to power my sheds distribution box (that has been
completely disconnected from my houses service panel, of course). If I use
the 220 v twist lock on the generator and and plug it into a 220 twist lock
wired to the sheds distribution panel, would that supply 2 legs of 110v at
20 amps each (opposite phase)? The breaker would have to be a 2 pole 20 amp
(not 40 amp) correct?
Thanks again,
james