Re: RE: Total overkill

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Feb 23 2009 - 12:19:57 EST

"Ray Block" <BPracing@wowway.com> wrote:
> You're right about it being overkill.....even for a 360. As for fit, I'm
> not sure I've even seen a 14x3 on a '97 or newer Dak. They've always
> looked more like 14x2.5 or so. And of course they suck hot air which just
> kills your performance anyway.

> If you want to find out for sure which size will fit your truck....you could
> cut out a 14" diameter piece of cardboard to place on your TB and measure up
> from there to check clearance.

   Yep, that seems too big for a GenIII (and probably even a GenII) to
me, given that the filter itself is 4" so the can is probably pushing
5?

   You could make your own though, and for a whole lot cheaper. You
just need a factory style air can (like what the GenI and GenII came
with stock, though you may need something with a smaller diameter to clear
the firewall on a GenIII). Stick a K&N drop-in in the can, cut a hole
on the opposite side side and rivet, bolt or weld a flange to match
the stock one so you can hook a hose to it. You can now have a hose
on each side running down to the grill or air dam area to pick up that
nice cool air.

--
                                          -Jon-