Re: 09 BBQ Time Off...

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Feb 24 2009 - 20:04:26 EST

> Ok this got me wondering just how many miles I put on...
>
> DML BBQ 2002: 1100 miles (Christine)
> Daktoberfest 02: 1100 Miles (Rented Intrepid)
> Perf World: 03: 1600 Miles (Jeep Cherokee)
> DML BBQ 2003: 800 Miles (Christine on way out, United Airlines on
> way home heh)
> DML BBQ 2004: 1600 Miles (Ram)
> Daktoberfest 04: 1600 Miles (Ram)
> DML BBQ 2005: 1600 Miles (Ram towing Christine)
> Daktoberfest 05: 1600 Miles (Ram)
> DML National 06: 2880 Miles (Ram)
> Daktoberfest 06: 1600 Miles (Ram)
> DML BBQ 2007: 1600 Miles (Ram)
> Daktoberfest 07: 1600 Miles (Explorer)
> DML BBQ 2008: 1600 Miles (Civic)
>
> All the milage figures *except* the DML National Meet are estimations
> based upon the average distance of the trips. I looked up my archived
> post from the Nat meet and 2880 was my recorded trip milage. I've
> figured its approx 800 miles each way from my house in wisconsin to
> Jon's The first two are an estimated distance from my old house in
> chicago before I moved. Its approx 250 miles from my palce in wisconsin
> to my old house in chicago... and the 800 mile trip... well.. we all
> know why I had to fly home heh. However I did end up driving the
> distance from Ohare to wisconsin. But I didn't count that.
>
> All told, thats something in the neighborhood of 20,280 DML related
> miles since 2002.
>

> wow...

I forgot about the DML Ohio Meet in Marion OH back in 2001... my first DML event.. with my
battered and beaten up 2wd Dakota... that was good for about a 600 mile round trip - bring the
total to around 21K at approx 20,880 miles.

"Man is the only kind of varmint [who] sets his own trap, baits it, then steps in it"
-John Steinbeck