Re: 09 BBQ Time Off...

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Feb 24 2009 - 00:32:55 EST

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> Terrible Tom <silvereightynine@aol.com> wrote:
>

>>Yeah man - I'm starting to become of the mind set that vacations and time off work should be
>>relaxed and enjoyable. I'm not as thrilled as I used to be, with the prospects of non-stop 12
>>and 13 hour road trips. A sign of getting a little older? LOL
>

> What, this from the guy who did a 12 hour road trip, hopped in the
> passenger seat for a 3 hour road trip, followed by another 3 hour and
> then a 12 hour road trip just for a few hours at a car show? ;-)

mmm yeah I did do that didn't I? LOL Ahh performance world hehe... but it was well worth it to
see that blinged out van and to piss off that waitress LOL "you need change back hon?" - "Yeah
I have change coming back... - "No no, do you NEED CHANGE back?" - "Yeah - I'm getting
change? - Oh the tip... no, I don't need change... "

> Oh well, even if you do slow down, that'll only bring your road
> trip tolerance down to only slightly above everybody else. :-)

See I don't even really figure myself as the road king... Guys like Mike and Barry have far
more miles of seat time than I do, with their work related travel. And Adam took that
cross-continent trip a few years ago... and Walt and Ingrid as well as Mike and Norah and Jason
all ended their DML Colorado trips with far more miles on the clock than I did.

Then again I did also push something like 1100 - 1200 miles straight from MN to CO with 14
hours of driving... I dunno... whatever... I'll let history be the judge of who's crazier...

(some time passes)

Ok this got me wondering just how many miles I put on...

DML BBQ 2002: 1100 miles (Christine)
Daktoberfest 02: 1100 Miles (Rented Intrepid)
Perf World: 03: 1600 Miles (Jeep Cherokee)
DML BBQ 2003: 800 Miles (Christine on way out, United Airlines on way home heh)
DML BBQ 2004: 1600 Miles (Ram)
Daktoberfest 04: 1600 Miles (Ram)
DML BBQ 2005: 1600 Miles (Ram towing Christine)
Daktoberfest 05: 1600 Miles (Ram)
DML National 06: 2880 Miles (Ram)
Daktoberfest 06: 1600 Miles (Ram)
DML BBQ 2007: 1600 Miles (Ram)
Daktoberfest 07: 1600 Miles (Explorer)
DML BBQ 2008: 1600 Miles (Civic)

All the milage figures *except* the DML National Meet are estimations based upon the average
distance of the trips. I looked up my archived post from the Nat meet and 2880 was my recorded
trip milage. I've figured its approx 800 miles each way from my house in wisconsin to Jon's
The first two are an estimated distance from my old house in chicago before I moved. Its
approx 250 miles from my palce in wisconsin to my old house in chicago... and the 800 mile
trip... well.. we all know why I had to fly home heh. However I did end up driving the
distance from Ohare to wisconsin. But I didn't count that.

All told, thats something in the neighborhood of 20,280 DML related miles since 2002.

wow...

"Man is the only kind of varmint [who] sets his own trap, baits it, then steps in it"
-John Steinbeck