Re: Bad Dakota Weekend

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 02 2009 - 05:44:06 EDT

Matt Beazer wrote:

> No doubt. I wasn't thinking. I was too busy being delirious from the weather in this town going
> from 55 degree high temps to 85-90 degrees in the shade literally overnight, I'm just not acclimated
> to it yet. ;)

Funny, we've been having the same kind of weather on the other side of
the US. This morning it was 39 and got up to the 50s. Yesterday it was
80.

> I'll solve it at Harbor Freight when I get some money again... with a wife, 2 little girls and 3 Chrysler
>products all over 10 years old in my "fleet", poor is a state I'm used to. ;) Still cheaper than new car >payments I guess.

Hehe this is where I have a leg up on you. I've got the house and the
3 Chrysler products all over 10 yrs old... but no wife or kids... for
now.

> I have skid plates. It's nice to have unless something is leaking and you have to refill it regularly.
>It might just be the o-ring on the speed/distance sensor leaking if I'm lucky.

It's been a while since I've been under there... but I thought I
remember you can get at the fill plug without removing skid plates.
Maybe it's only the manual transmission fill plug I'm thinking of?
Mind you we are also talking about two different generation trucks....
sorta. My chassis (and skid plates) are Gen1 ('89). But my drivetrain
is mostly Gen2 ('94). (I say 'mostly' only because the axle assemblies
are '89). By the way, unless someone else has a trick to it, removing
and re-installing (particularly the latter) the transfer case was one
of the most difficult things I ever had to do. I wouldn't think too
lightly of it. But again... maybe there's a trick. (Like get a
transmission jack instead of bench-pressing it into place.)

> I live in eastern WA near the Idaho border -- there's plenty of country music around. I had to listen
>to it on the school bus every day for years. I used to have to stick cotton balls in my ears when I
>boarded to catch the blood escaping from listening to it for extended periods (j/k). I don't think I'm
>going to change now. :)

Hehe well I'll stop pretending to know something about country then.
The snots around here give me a hard time for listening to "that
twangy garbage" without giving it a chance.

Don in CT
89 Dak Vert 318 NV3500 4x4
74 Dart Sport 340
98 JeepGC