Re: Got some new wheels/tires

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Jul 25 2009 - 22:55:03 EDT

Point taken, and well, they are *your* tires... Being kind of the list
"tire whore" [well, I guess MM has gone through more different tires,
but that's because of his suspension swap] I thought Mud tires with the
sipes in the center [pro-comps] were the perfect compromise, but I found
the senter just flat wore out, and did it so fast I was shocked. The
tore shop though I was running too high pressure, but even at 25 psi,
the center still wore faster.

On the subject of ice traction, the same rules as rocks apply. Air down
to 20-25 lbs on the ice, and you will be shocked at how much traction
you have. This works even better with MT's than AT's actually. At 20
lbs, I have gone to a frozen parking lot trying to donuts, and ended up
just driving in circles fast...

You may have to experement a bit with pressures, but lower pressure will
net you greater gains than any siping you can do.

>>> http://www.moparhowto.com/pictures/1995-Dakota/tiresrims/tires02.jpg
>>> http://www.moparhowto.com/pictures/1995-Dakota/tiresrims/tires03.jpg