Re: Got some new wheels/tires

From: Matt Beazer (teseract@moparhowto.com)
Date: Sun Jul 26 2009 - 00:18:30 EDT

Out of curiosity, were yours machine siped, manually siped, or just
"came that way"?

I was planning on doing it manually with a hot knife, no more than 1/4"
into the tread block, and no closer than 1/2" from the edge of the block
to the first sipe. I was considering running a 1/4" groove across the
block 90 degrees from the direction of travel to give it more "bite" on
snow.