Check Gauges Light

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jul 31 2009 - 19:11:11 EDT

Hey, DML,
So I'm driving the DAKSY home on I-90 & the "Check Gauges" light comes on &
of course I do that.
First glance at the temp gauge - right around 190 - Cool... (pun)
The I look at the Battery indicator & it's PEGGED to 18V...WTF?
It's the only abnormal reading on the dash.
I was about 12 miles from home & I figgered I'd try to keep going...
Whaddya think? Voltage regulator MAHTZOED?
I did notice that the odometer was sorta flickering...
Radio was workin fine...
Battery wasn't overly hot when I popped the hood...
It's about a 7 month old Die Hard...
I don't need to use it til Monday, so I got some time to fiddle...
HAYELP!

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +