Re: RE: Fuel Pump

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Aug 27 2009 - 18:33:53 EDT

"Ray Block" <BPracing@wowway.com> wrote:
> If the pump produces the proper pressure while running and causes no other
> issues, I would recommend the cheap, easy fix for your starting problem.

> My '92 has always lost pressure after sitting a few hours so all I do is
> turn the key on a couple times (you should be able to hear the pump cycle)
> and THEN turn the key to start. Starts right up...and it's free! :)

   Agreed. I do the same thing with my Cherokee if it has been
sitting for a while. Another inexpensive fix, should you not want to
wait the couple of extra seconds to cycle the key is to look into
installing a check valve in the line from the pump to the fuel rail.
Probably the closer to the pump you can install the valve, the better
it will work.

--
                                          -Jon-