Re: 99 Dak options

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sun Sep 20 2009 - 13:59:18 EDT

On Sep 20, 2009, at 3:03 AM, Barry Oliver wrote:

> Ok, as many know I have a 99 SLT 4x4 with a 5.2 that currently is in
> excess of 140k. My truck has devolved to about 10-14 MPG and I am
> noticing a reduction in power, especially towing. Under
> acceleration I get a persistent "tsstt, tsstt" noise, that I thought
> was an exhaust leak but the muffler guy assures me there is nothing
> to fix...

Thanks for saving me the typing Brian. You said everything I was
going to, with one exception: you could always trade up to something
older and bigger while keeping the Merc. You don't have to replace
with new - especially if it's something that won't have lifetime
powertrain anyway.

You get those mirrors?

Mike
98 SAS Dak