Re: ball joints was Re: Alternator

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Thu Oct 22 2009 - 11:19:56 EDT

>> Just be happy we missed the whole ball joint debacle. I'm not looking
> forward to taking an air chisel to the control arms of my friend's 2000
> Dakota to replace the ball joints for the second time on a truck with only
> 80k on it (first time the dealer did it).<<<

If they've already been done, no air chisel required.The replacement units
(Mopar or Moog) bolt into the holes left behind by the rivets. We did the
uppers and lowers on my 2000 at the same time. No balljoint problems since
and it's been about 4 years. We used Moogs that have the zerk fittings...
highly recommended =)

-miggity
00' R/T CC... mods, I has them.