ball joints was Re: Alternator

From: ffastje (ffastje@cox.net)
Date: Thu Oct 22 2009 - 06:26:38 EDT

Matt Beazer wrote:

> Just be happy we missed the whole ball joint debacle. I'm not looking
> forward to taking an air chisel to the control arms of my friend's
> 2000 Dakota to replace the ball joints for the second time on a truck
> with only 80k on it (first time the dealer did it).
>
> WiLieR wrote:
>> After I re-read it, I picked up on the sarcasm tags that I missed
>> earlier. ;)
>> I know your pain as the owner of a 96 2wd dakota looking around for a
>> lowering kit, specifically an airbag kit.
>> Plenty of stuff for the gen-III, but the gen-I and gen-II missed all
>> the love from the aftermarket.
>>
>> WiLieR
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 2:30 AM, Matt Beazer
>> <teseract@moparhowto.com> wrote:
>>
>>> That was meant as tongue in cheek sarcasm from a Gen II owner who
>>> can't even
>>> find a decent body lift, much less any of many other goodies
>>> available for
>>> Gen III trucks.

So what your saying is after market ball joints [moog] run in to the
same problems as stock.
I just did the drivers side upper and lower ball joints and inner and
outer tie rods. and being a novice and after figuring it out it wasn't
to bad . it was easier to grind off the rivets than use a air chisel.