Re: ball joints was Re: Alternator

From: Matt Beazer (teseract@moparhowto.com)
Date: Thu Oct 22 2009 - 17:24:44 EDT

No, the dealer did it and replaced the entire control arm as a unit with
a dealer part.

The main problem from what I've read with the stock ones is that they're
supposed to be "lifetime sealed", but the seals fail and let grit and
water in, and since they're not greasable to flush the crud out, you end
up with premature failure.

Aftermarket Moog ones are greaseable, so you can flush out all the crud
and replace any washed out grease during normal maintenance. From what
I've seen of Moog parts vs stock is that they're probably stronger too.

I'd not buy any "E-bay specials" for ball joints for sure, it's just not
worth it considering the effort involved.

MattB