Re: AOL write up on Chrysler changes...

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Nov 06 2009 - 11:50:17 EST

On Fri, November 6, 2009 8:25 am, Zito, James A (GE Infra, Energy) wrote:

>>From Jason:
>
> I don't think Europeans understand pickup trucks any more than
> Americans understand soccer.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> No Americans understand soccer just fine, we DON'T like to watch it
> though.

Oh, I understand the game of soccer. What I don't get is the fascination,
no, OBSESSION with it.

It seems to me that Europeans are perfectly capable of figuring out how
trucks work, how they carry and haul stuff, and how they help out on the
job site. But I get the distinct impression that they simply don't grasp
why we like them so much.

And these are the people developing the product strategies for us.
Awesome. Hopefully the Europeans at Fiat will be better at listening to
input from their American colleagues than the Europeans at Daimler were.