Re: Opinions: To Shift into

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Sun Nov 15 2009 - 22:36:53 EST

On Sunday 15 November 2009 20:38:58 teseract@moparhowto.com wrote:

> Yeah, that's the problem, I'm not used to how RWD behaves in the snow/ice
> yet, so I'll be leaning on the 4x4 more than an experienced RWD driver
> would. The suregrip just makes that trickier, especially coming off side
> streets and getting up to speed with oncoming traffic.

Having an LSD or not doesn't really make much difference here. The difference
is only in which wheel will spin, and which one will be disconnected from the
driveshaft. The trick is not to hit the gas hard enough to spin either one.

> FWD you give it
> gas and it spins and pulls in the direction you aim it. RWD with a limited
> slip the rear end wants to spin in circles. ;)

You'll find 4wd does both.

> And yes, sandbags are on my shopping list!

I've never bothered with sandbags. When I drove 2wd trucks, I didn't find them
to be all that helpful. With my 4wd trucks, I never felt like I needed to add
weight.