Re: Opinions: To Shift into

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Sun Nov 15 2009 - 22:42:57 EST

On Sunday 15 November 2009 20:18:26 teseract@moparhowto.com wrote:
> My commute is a 2.5 mile drive on 25-30mph speed limit roads to and from
> work through the downtown of a city. There's 11 stoplights (yes I've
> counted) in that 2.5 mile stretch.

Ah, ok. Yeah, that'll be slow in bad weather.

> To clarify:
> I work in a position for the local hospitals that *requires* me to show up
> no matter what the weather.

A friend of mine is an OR nurse. She has the "required" bit in her job
description, plus a 15 minute time limit to do so.

> I've driven in severe winters for the last 10 years

Ok, that's good. You won't have to learn how to drive in the snow, just how to
drive this particular truck in the snow.

> help with braking. I see 4wd as a stability enhancer and for assistance
> with acceleration, especially making those lovely mandatory free-lefts at
> intersections with oncoming traffic.

You're well on your way, then.