RE: RE: Timing Chain questions...

From: Brian (hskr@cox.net)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2010 - 19:09:12 EDT

They may have been standard on the "newer" 3.9Ls, but they were NEVER
standard on any of the 5.2L or 5.9L Magnum motors. Not sure what the
difference was with the 3.9L compared to the V8s though as to why they only
put them on the V6s. And while the oil filter may catch them, depending on
the filter, when the bypass valve opens, then it's not filtering anything,
and could even partially block the pick up screen. But hey, it's your
motor, if you want to run them, then put one on.

brian cropp