Re: Re: Recycled oil?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Apr 19 2010 - 21:30:39 EDT

Tom Coulter <metalshop@optonline.net> wrote:

> Speaking of "epiphany", here's an "epiphany" I came up with only recently.
> This is one of those epiphanies I with I had come up with YEARS ago.

> Depending on the time of year, I spend a fair amount of time on the business
> end of a chainsaw. Chainsaws need bar oil. For years, I was foolishly
> spending money buying bar oil at Wal-Mart, etc. while "recycling" motor oil
> by the gallons drained form either of our 2 vehicles (one being a Dakota).
> For chain sawyers, here's the epiphany:

> Don't buy bar oil! Use the "spent" motor oil from your cars, understand
> that this really is recycling, and and laugh all the way to the bank.

    Interesting - I hadn't considered that. I've certainly got a lot
of used engine oil! (I've been getting rid of it by donating it to a
guy down the street who uses it to heat his garage.) Bar & chain oil
is thicker than your standard 30 weight automotive engine oil though -
does that present any problems?

--
                                          -Jon-