Re: How to bleed R134 pressure?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Apr 19 2010 - 21:25:44 EDT

Tom Coulter <metalshop@optonline.net> wrote:

> This is a follow-up to an earlier post last August (Leak in AC refrigerant):
> http://archives.dakota-truck.net/0908/0302.html

> It's time to replace the (ever-so-slightly leaking) condenser. Can anyone
> please tell me the easiest, most "civilized" way to bleed off the R134
> pressure in the existing system before disconnecting the spring garter lock
> joints?

    Do you have a set of A/C gauges? If so, you could hook them up
and crack the valve to evacuate it to the atmosphere. These gauge
sets are occasionally available pretty cheap from Harbor Freight. Or,
if you've got one of those hoses that come with some of the A/C
recharge bottles, you could use that. I'm not sure if that would
depressurize the high side though since obviously the A/C recharge
type hose would only have the low side connector. I've not got much
A/C experience unfortunately, but just wanted to throw those
ideas out there.

--
                                          -Jon-