Used parts value

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri May 07 2010 - 16:42:33 EDT

Is there any value to a set of used front CV axles, or catalytic
converter? Even if I can get $10 out of them, I'd rather do that than
just throw them out.

I've seen core charges on the rebuilt CV axles, so I'm guessing someone
could take mine and re-build them. And I've heard stories of cats being
cut off vehicles in parking lots to sell for scrap. So I called my local
junkyard to ask them this question, and the guy just laughed at me.
However, this is Ontario, where we have to pay hazardous material /
environmental / recycling / disposal fees. Feels like they charge some
kind of extra fee on virtually anything that isn't edible, in addition to
sales tax.

Anyway, I figured I'd see if the situation is different anywhere else. If
it's a laughable question everywhere, fine, at least I can figure out how
to get rid of this stuff (hopefully without paying any fees) and eliminate
a bit of clutter.

Thanks.