Re: Re: Unplanned Exhaust Modification

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Jul 22 2010 - 00:19:38 EDT

"David Henry" <DML-User@henryweb.net> wrote:

> My exhaust rusted out and cracked just after the muffler on the way out to the
> national meet. I really should get that fixed one of these days.

> I miss the Gibson that I had on there, but it was rather pricy.

    My Gibson did the same thing. I miss mine too - the Gibson
cat-back with a straight pipe in place of the cat sounded incredible.
When the tailpipe rusted off the muffler, I went the cheap route and
replaced the Gibson with a Race Magnum, and dumped it out in front of
the tire. That was way too loud, I had to put the cat back in to tone
things down a bit. Doesn't sound anywhere near as good as the Gibson
sans cat unfortunately. But, its on there and that's where it will
stay until it too rusts off because I don't have time to replace
perfectly functional stuff. Heck, I don't even have time to replace
broken stuff. ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-