Re: Starter Question

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Aug 27 2010 - 21:39:43 EDT

Gary Hedlin <superdak@gmail.com> wrote:

> I did some research into it, and the new lightweight starters for the
> older cars are nothing but stockers on what the newer engines have, so
> physicly bolting one in isn't going to be a problem.

    Its been a while since I did my research on this, but I believe
you are correct on that. Given that, one oddity that I came across
was that the Mopar Performance lightweight starter (which seems to be
nothing more than what comes stock on the late model stuff) was
cheaper than walking into Autozone and purchasing a replacement late
model starter from a Dak or a Ram or something. I don't know if that
is still the case or not, but that confused me a bit!

    On a related note, have you noticed how every Chrysler product
seems to sound the same when they are cranking? I wouldn't be
surprised if that same starter is being used in just about everything.
:-)

--
                                          -Jon-