RE: Dakota models

From: Brian (hskr@cox.net)
Date: Sat Sep 18 2010 - 10:39:00 EDT

Really, no days, if you want to dream about buying a truck from Dodge, look
into the full size as you can actually pick up a decently optioned full size
for the same price as a Dakota. They have priced the Dakota out of reach
for most of the people who would be looking for one. Maybe not so much out
of reach financially, but people looking for a smaller truck are also
looking to spend less money. When you can get a full size truck for the
same price why would you still want the smaller truck. Especially
considering the Dakota isn't much smaller than the Ram anymore.
But from what I can tell, the ST is the base model. Big Horn/Lone Star are
your fancy chrome package models, TRX4 is your less chrome off road option,
and the Laramie is the fully loaded "limited" style model. But I doubt
you can order a 2010 Dakota at this point, and haven't heard if they are
sticking around for the 2011 model year considering sales have dropped off
due to the price and sizing being so close to the Ram now.

brian cropp