Re: dun dun duuuuuuuuuunnnn!!

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Nov 15 2010 - 01:43:37 EST

On Nov 14, 2010, at 11:52 PM, Aaron Wyse wrote:

>> Everyone else, don't worry. I've got this one covered.
>>
>> you brought His name up on 11/6. my head studs that were supposed to
>> show up Friday didn't, and arrived on Monday while I was in Chicago
>> for the week. I got home Friday night and put the Cummins
>> together..... Wrapped it up yesterday and found that it was not a
>> bad
>> head gasket but a hole in the block. Fresh gasket, and the cooling
>> system is draining through the crank case.
>>
> Thanks Mike!
>

> Is the leak in the block in a place than can be repaired??
> Aaron

Finding a hole between water and oil in a block is no small task.
Even if I could, if it has cracked or eroded enough in one spot I
doubt it would be worth trusting post-repair for the effort it would
take to locate the hole and repair it. Bottom line: not feasible and
it needs a new motor.

Mike
driving "breezy but reliable" one window Dakota.
oh - come to think of it: on THE VERY DAY the name of the curse was
brought up, I picked up passenger window glass for the Dakota from a
pick & pull. protip: Dakota and Durango aren't interchangeable.
Angles are different, length is off an inch or two, and the regulators
don't match either.