Re: RE: Headers

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sun Jun 19 2011 - 15:23:35 EDT

> 92-93 only had the larger exhaust manifold and 3" y-pipe to a larger 3"
> cat before necking down to 2.5" after the cat as I recall.

That is my recollection as well, those two years are the "good"
manifolds. IIRC though, the Magnum manifolds (from any year) are
actually pretty decent, as exhaust manifolds go.

Having some manifolds extrudehoned is another option, though if you're
going to spend that kind of money, you'd probably want to start out
with the '92-93s to maximize the advantage.

In regards to the original question in this thread, if money is a
concern, I'd probably just slap the original exhaust manifolds in
place. If you feel like spending some money on that area later and
can afford a set of higher quality headers, they are easy enough to
change on the truck.

--
                                          -Jon-