Re: RE: Headers

Date: Sun Jun 19 2011 - 00:29:41 EDT

92-93 only had the larger exhaust manifold and 3" y-pipe to a larger 3"
cat before necking down to 2.5" after the cat as I recall.

94 they went to a smaller exhaust manifold, I'm guessing for less
thermal mass to help the cat light off faster for cold start emissions.
Went to a different cam profile as well and tuned for more 10ft/lb more
low end torque but lost 5hp in the process.

The y-pipe for the 94-96 won't bolt up to the 92-93 exhaust manifolds
though.