Re: OFF TOPIC: vacation tips for california

From: Andrew Kelsey (ajkelsey@grandroyal.org)
Date: Tue Jun 21 2011 - 18:37:27 EDT

My wife an I took a trip a year and a half ago from LA to SF. We drove
up California 1 along the coast. I highly recommend doing that if it is
not already in your plans. If you are going to stop and stay on the
way, I recommend the Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo. The pcitures
online make it look real cheesey, but it is actually a very nice place
to stay. The rooms are all newly renovated. The restaurant and the
breakfast cafe serve top notch food. We stayed at the Hotel Rex in Sf.
  It is a small boutique hotel and I thought it was very nice. My wife
found a deal on the room price. I don't know where she came across it.

I'm trying to think of must-see places. I thought our whole trip was
worthwhile. I can't think of one location that I can say you need to
see that no matter what. Just the drive up CA 1. It's really cool.

--
-Andrew Kelsey
  E-mail: ajkelsey@grandroyal.org