Re: OFF TOPIC: vacation tips for california

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Jun 22 2011 - 01:08:38 EDT

On Jun 21, 2011, at 6:37 PM, Andrew Kelsey wrote:

> I can't think of one location that I can say you need to see that no
> matter what. Just the drive up CA 1. It's really cool.

I'll second this.

I'd also suggest taking a couple hours to walk through Muir Woods,
it's a small grove of giant redwoods just north of the Bay Bridge in
San Fran.
<http://www.nps.gov/muwo/index.htm>

If you've got the time between Vegas and Cali, spend some time in
Yosemite. Even just a couple hours spent to detour and drive through
is worth it, even better if you have the time to get out and do a
little hiking. Even just the short loop trails right off the paved
road have some amazing sights.

I don't have any specific suggestions, but find some nice curvy
mountain roads if you don't to make time on your way to Vegas. I'm
sure there are some great sights to see in the Sierras.

Mike