Re: OFF TOPIC: vacation tips for california

From: Eric (huffy340@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 22 2011 - 01:44:05 EDT

> I booked my Californai vacation from 10/26 starting in LA via SF
> to Las Vegas (for SEMA) and back to LA till 11/09/2011.
>
> Does anybody has Hotel recommendations, MUST-SEE recommendations,
> car show event dates, cruise nights,...
>
> Would be glad to get some tips from you guys.

If you want to trade some coast driving for an awesome mountain
route, cut the corner off the 101 from Santa Barbara and take
the 154 (San Marcos Pass). It's steep and winding driving for a
small part of it, but still 55 mph in a car (or my stock height 99
Dak 2WD). It's possible to get stuck behind a slow vehicle, if
that bothers you.

If you see a marking for a Vista Point, they mean it. Stop and
look. There's a great one on the right while going north.

It's one of my favorite drives.

Here's a bridge you'd cross:
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/16198534

This place is under it, but honestly i don't remember much about it:
http://www.coldspringtavern.com/