Re: RE: 97 2wd stalling

From: Andrew Kelsey (ajkelsey@grandroyal.org)
Date: Sun Sep 04 2011 - 22:06:59 EDT

On 9/4/2011 21:54, Kurt Cypher wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 8:56 PM, Ray Block<BPracing@wowway.com> wrote:

I haven't been driving my truck lately and I don't have trouble with it
starting even it has been sitting for 2 weeks. Although the battery
could be bad, I would clean your throttle body first. I had this
problem with my 96 dakota and even the 03 I have now. Get some throttle
body cleaner and give er a good cleaning. Don't just spray it in there.
  You need to use a rag to clean the dirt out from around your valve.
When you aren't pressing the gas, the valve is just barely open and the
accumulated blocks the air flow in that position.

--
-Andrew Kelsey
  E-mail: ajkelsey@grandroyal.org