Re: Off topic Q's

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Oct 17 2011 - 20:35:57 EDT

Azie L. Magnusson wrote:
> I'm contemplating installing a 3.0L V6 that came out of a
> 1991 Dodge Spirit into a Mitsubshi Mighty Max pickup
> or a Dodge D50(same trucks). Both had a 2.0L 4cyl
> stock. Anyone know if there was ever a standard shift
> rear wheel drive bellhousing made for the 3.0L?? If
> yes, then what vehicles & what years?? Anyone know
> if by chance the 4cyl & the 3.0L had the same
> engine/bellhousing bolt pattern. That would make it
> very NICE & SIMPLE. I like nice & simple..
> Estimate or educated guess is OK!!
>
> Don't worry about old age-
> it doesn't last that long....
>
> Azie

The Spirit is a Front wheel drive, and all of the mounts, accessories,
exhaust and headers reflect the fact it is mounted sideways and on top
of the tranny. It would be easier to grab the whole mess, engine,
tranny, and front suspension and convert it to a front wheel drive
truck. It is do-able but your fabrication skills better be up there
with Mike's...