Re: Re: 4.7 It's Alive!

From: tony@tasteofthemidway.com
Date: Sun Sep 02 2012 - 00:18:32 EDT

A Kid who works with me came over this afternoon with his dads snapon
scanner $$$ he pulled a code not showing up on my dash, No ASD voltage at
PCM, so I checked as I have many times, I backprobed the connector on PCM,
yup, still getting the 12v there, BUT!  what I did find was the pin
was BROKEN  inside the PCM's connector! so we HAD voltage there but
it wasn't getting TO the PCM!
I replaced the broken pin with one
salvaged from a old Jeep's harness and she runs!!!
It's running a
bit rough though, pulled a p0108, not sure if a bad plug could cause that
code?
also p1391???
And a code that says MAP voltage too
high.
but it's alive!
any ideas on the
codes?
Thanks!

>> PCM's are both Refurbs, 1st was junk, but

>> last two do exactly the same thing, so unless it were the issue
of the

>> security system shutting it down, I doubt it's that<<

> ASD Relay? I'd start there. Also, if the trans or engine has been
pulled

> recently, check to make sure the wires to the crank sensor aren't
pinched.