Clutch eater from Hell

From: David Wilker (wilkerbeast01@charter.net)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2012 - 16:57:56 EDT

Hello all
I am pulling my hairs out! I have the massive Powered 2.5L/5-Speed Club Cab
1998 Sport. I initially replaced the clutch at 125k due to slipping. Since
then I have replaced it THREE times! First three came from AutoZone, last
one is a GripForce Street/Strip It lasted 13 months). What is happening is
that the center hub of the disk is separating from the rest of the disk. I
can drive @ 25MPH and limp home, but that's it. I don't race or drive it
hard. I haul nothing heavier than my oversize ass. Anyone have any clues,
past experience or good guess? I replaced the throwout bearing, surfaced
the flywheel, etc.

If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making
them.
David C. Wilker Jr.
USAF (RET)