RE: Rust!! (Thanks)

From: Mark M Herrick (mherrick@ptialaska.net)
Date: Sat Jan 20 1996 - 22:27:53 EST

Jon N. Steiger[SMTP:stei0302@mary.cs.fredonia.edu] wrote:

>>Thanks everyone, for the responses you gave me concerning the rust spots
>>which have started to appear on my bumpers and wheels. The fairly
>>unanimous advice was to use chrome cleaner to [try to] get the spots out,
>>and then keep it protected with a coating of wax. I'll try this and let you
>>know how it turns out!

I got in a little late on this one (new guy!) Do you have the Chrome wheels? I have had 2 sets of these replaced under warranty now because of some pretty major corrosion. The first set was in CA where I bought the truck and was strange because of the low rust in that state. The second set were replace here in Alaska, no surprise Salt is everywhere, on the roads and in the ocean!

Both times the factory rep had to check the wheels out before giving the O.K. to replace them, I had to complain a little, you know, it's such a superior vehicle, I don't see spending this amount of money and have this happen etc. but they did replace them.

Mark
94 Dakota SLT - 3.9 - 5 Speed