re: Tailgate/Bedliner problem

From: DHartmann@bangate.compaq.com
Date: Tue Jan 30 1996 - 11:58:04 EST

 Forgive me in advance if I offend anyone by saying this.

 But how can anyone justify a hard, plastic, shell which
 sits/bolts on metal-painted surfaces as a logical
 solution to protecting a bed ?

 I mean, it is easy to understand this from a dings-and-
 dents point of view. But from a paint protection view-
 point, it just doesn't make sense. There's too much
 vibration, twisting, and etc, to potentially damage the
 paint. Not to mention that moisture gets trapped (with
 little airflow to dry it out) to hasten the rust process.

 The way I see it, the spray-on solution and/or the
 flexible rubber mats are the only way to go.

 Does anyone know if Dodge dealerships offer this
 spray-on protection liner, or CC as a factory option ?

 ...Dale