seatbelts

From: Bill Countie (wgcount@husc.harvard.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 01 1996 - 11:01:25 EST

Hello to the Dakota Knowledge Collective,
        My only continuing complaint of my Dakota is the seat belts.
The seat belts cut into my neck unless I wear a shirt with a collar and
do not retract well enough so that the door closes on them and the odd
piece of plastic that covers the strap nearest the floor mount jams the
door ajar. So I have to unlock the door again, hand feed the belt into
the winder and close the door again. Weather doesn't affect the
non-operation of the belt and both passenger and drivers side are
affected. I guess I'm looking to improve the tension on the retracting of
the belt without it slowly strangling me as the tensioner ratchets.
Does this happen to anyone else or has anyone done anything (short of
removal or replacement with a 5 point belt).

Thanks folks,
There is always the air bag!

1994 Dakota 5.2l 5 speed (R/T in progress)
Bill Countie
e-mail wgcount@husc7.harvard.edu