Re: seatbelts

From: Harold Borders (borders@dept.physics.upenn.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 01 1996 - 21:45:11 EST

At 11:01 AM 2/1/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello to the Dakota Knowledge Collective,
> My only continuing complaint of my Dakota is the seat belts.
>The seat belts cut into my neck unless I wear a shirt with a collar and
>do not retract well enough so that the door closes on them and the odd
>piece of plastic that covers the strap nearest the floor mount jams the
>door ajar. So I have to unlock the door again, hand feed the belt into
>the winder and close the door again. Weather doesn't affect the
>non-operation of the belt and both passenger and drivers side are
>affected. I guess I'm looking to improve the tension on the retracting of
>the belt without it slowly strangling me as the tensioner ratchets.
>Does this happen to anyone else or has anyone done anything (short of
>removal or replacement with a 5 point belt).
>
>Thanks folks,
>There is always the air bag!
>
>1994 Dakota 5.2l 5 speed (R/T in progress)
>Bill Countie
>e-mail wgcount@husc7.harvard.edu

My seatbelt non-retractors function about the same way. I don't mind the
tight feeling so much, infact I snug it up a bit when I fasten it (lap
portion). I just learned to keep and eye on the belt as I get out of the
truck. The passenger side might go awhile before I notice that it's caught
in the door. (I don't use that door too often);)

Just to let you know your not alone...

-Buddy