RE: Gas tanks/gauges/capacity

From: Mark M Herrick (mherrick@ptialaska.net)
Date: Fri Feb 02 1996 - 01:12:05 EST

On Thursday, February 01, 1996 11:02 AM, Rader = Darn Jar All Dry Error[SMTP:rlr@bbt.com] wrote:

>> I usually fill my 22 gallon tank with ~17 gallons, which bugged me
>>when I bought the truck. Now I don't worry, and figure I've got a
>>good 5+ gallons in reserve.

I know exactly what you mean, the idiot light on my 22 gallon tank comes on after just 17 gallons of use, scared me to death the first long trip I took.

Freeway driving in CA used to get me about 420 miles to a tank, got to love cruise control! I am down to about 350 around town and with winter fuel.

Mark Herrick,
 Kodiak, Alaska
  94 Dakota SLT Club Cab
       3.9, 5 Speed